Monday, October 16, 2006

Mondays Suck

Nothing like waking up to a wet, snowy, dark gray day, and an accident on 82nd Street (not involving me, but I got stuck in the traffic jam that resulted). And I'm not feeling well and I would prefer to be back in bed, instead of sitting in the office, listening to someone declare that eveyone has been eating grumpies for breakfast. I'm not grumpy; I'm being quiet. I'm also not entirely comfortable with the clothes I selected to wear, or more so with my shoes and pants. I think the heels on my shoes are too high for the hemlength of the pants. And the plumber called last night to cancel our appointment for this morning. My bathtub taps are running, not leaking, but running. And I forogot to shut the water off before I left the hosue today. What a way to start the week.

We change the clock in two weeks so the mornings now are so dark.

The snow won't stay, but it would have been more enjoyable if it was falling in blanket of large, sparkly flakes, instead of in a wet, sticky mess. At least wet snow means it is still somewhat warm out, but it's still cold! It was +1C this morning and isn't expected to move from that temperature all day. My toes were cold on the walk to the office (I was wearing my running shoes). I hope Miranda's feet are ok today. She is wearing running shoes, also. Now I need to get her winter boots. Someone, please remind me why I am living in Canada...

No comments: