Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bad Dream

I can't close my eyes because bad dreams keep coming. I have been plagued with them since I went to sleep. It started with Miranda dancing at the studio and having a small party. Oh of the senior dancers greeted me and gave me a big hug and I fell over backwards and she fell too and I hear a bone crack. I thought she hit her nose but she said she was ok and just her leg bone gave a snap. As I walked outside, all my friends, and Eelke, were sitting on the lawn waiting for me. He had on these silly glasses and had blond, wooly, dreadful dreadlocks in his hair. He smiled at me and opened his mouth to speak, but he was talking in German. I couldn't understand what he was saying. *I woke up* Then I was driving and I couldn't drive right. My legs were hanging out the door (while the car was moving) and when I stopped the car to pick up Miranda, the motor was still running, my feet were on the group and the car was boucing up into the air and I was terrified it would bounce down on her and crush her. Jenn was in the back seat, along with a lady parent from the dance studio who I don't know. Then I was driving again and it was crazy driving, like I was only half conscious. I stopped in the middle of a street, opened my door, and stuck two stickers on the ground: a HUGE "F" and a tiny "R" but the "R" did not stick to the pavement and was still on my fingers as I got back in to the car. *I woke up* Next, Miranda was running away from me and I was pulling my bicycle behind me. We were beside the street and I was trying to get her before she ran too far away. It was night and it was raining. I was calling for her to come back, and asking what happened to the bike because the bags on the front were missing, and the right handbreak was broken. Then she bolted out into the street, cars screeching to not hit her. I ran after her, catching up to her on the other side, finding her in a dirty puddle of water and mud. *I woke up screaming and crying*

There are so many more details but those are the largest fragments I can recall. I was only asleep for a little more than an hour.

No comments: