Sunday, June 03, 2007

Riding with the boyfriend rocks!

On Friday evening, Scott too me for my first ride on his motorbike!!

At first I clung to him, my fingers locked together around his waist as I realised this was a lot more dangerous than being on the snowmobile because of the cars around us! This was also the first time I had been on a bike since becoming a mother. My life is more valuable now that I am responsible for someone other than just myself.

At first the bumps were a little jolting, but once I realised that I was not going to fall off when we turned the corners, nor would I be blown backwards off the bike by the wind (even when on the freeway), I relaxed, my hands unlocked, I smiled to myself and thought, If this isn't nice then I don't know what is.

I admit I love the danger. It's exciting! I also love that I have someone who I can trust with my life. (I don't want anything happening to me because I don't trust anyone to raise Miranda in my absence!) My voice of reason, he told me I couldn't wear my cropped pants, made sure I was wearing jeans and a jacket (and of course my new pink Kitty helmet :D ). It is a wonderful break to have such a carefree moment, where I can stop protecting everyone and everything around me, and for once have someone protecting me.

We rode across town to Millwoods to visit his friend Joe. On the ride home the sun had set and it was a lot chillier than our ride earlier in the evening. At one point while we were zipping down the freeway (I have no idea how fast we were going but I am guessing it was within the speed limit since Scott is safe like that) Scott did something that melted my heart: ♥ he put one of his hands over both of my hands to shield them from the wind and to keep them warm. ♥

When we got home, I hopped off the bike, pointed to my helmet, and exclaimed with pride, I have bug guts!! Yes, I did have a blast!!

No comments: