Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New album Dark Horse by Nickelback

It's said to be one of the most anticipated album releases of the year - Dark Horse, by Nickelback. I cannot recall being this excited about a Nickleback album since Silver Side Up !! Probably because that was the point when the rest of the world hopped on the Nickleback bandwagon. This time I have been able to listen to it before the it gets played to death on the radio. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for their success, but you know how it is...


I have been listening to it all morning and Dark Horse is amazing!! Lyrics about sex, drugs, rock n' roll, amazing riffs and Chad's powerful voice, co-produced by the band and Mutt Lange, this album has more of an old-school rock sound than of the post-grunge genre Nickelback usually is placed in.

My favourite songs:

- Something In Your Mouth
- S.E.X.
- Just To Get High
- Next Go Round
- If Today Was Your Last Day
- I'd Come Back For You
- Gotta Be Somebody
- Burn It To The Ground
- Shakin' Hands
- Never Gonna Be Alone

Honestly, I LOVE every song except for 'This Afternoon'; it sounds waaaaay too country-ish for my liking.

Dark Horse is set to be released November 18th.

No comments: