Thursday, August 31, 2006
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
* The bike carrier fell off my car (finally, here's a photo with the new tinted windows) while I was driving down the freeway. My bike is ok, the carrier is ok, Miranda and I are ok, the other people and cars on the freeway are ok... MY CAR... dented. wah! (no one stopped to try to help the damsel in distress, not like this tough cookie needed it, but still the effort would have been nice...)
* I forgot Lucky (the cat) at home when she was supposed to come to my daddy's house with us.
* I get to my daddy's house and find out I have a huge cut on my foot. I still have NO IDEA how it got there, but probably when I was dealing with the crap happening on the freeway.
* I thought I was reading the directions and making the dinner properly. Turns out I had been reading the microwave instructions (when I was trying to cook on the stove-top) and I wasn't even reading those right. I put the frozen pasta in a pot of boiling water when I neither set of directions called for water!
I did manage to go for a bike ride in the hot sun. I took some pictures. I didn't actually go down to the river valley, and instead stayed at the top of the valley where I figured there would be a lesser chance of me hurting myself. I found a spot where some children had planted various flowers, and stopped to take some pictures of the plants.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Top 9 I'm dancing with today
(because I couldn't stop at just 5 and it's not a top 10 list)
1. Revenge by Plain White T's
2. Lips Like Morphine by Kill Hannah
3. Top of the World by The All-American Rejects
4. What More Do You Want by Plain White T's
5. To Be Loved by Papa Roach
6. Civil Sin by Boy Kills Boy
7. Hate by Plain White T's
8. Falls Apart by Hurt
9. Waking Up by 10 Years
ok, let's make it 10! -
10. Hide Away by Rock Kills Kid
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Friday, August 25, 2006
1. Gyzmkid by The Teen Velvet
2. Empire by Kasabian
3. In The Clouds by Under the Influence of Giants
4. White Light, White Light by Supersystem
5. Running Up That Hill by Placebo (wow, the bass in the car, makes the windows shake!)
6. The Sound of a Breaking Heart by Boy Hits Car
... and a #7 that's not really included in the list because it's a little to bouncy cheery - Land of Confusion by Disturbed.
... and a list of the top 5 totally off the wall songs I have been listening to (makes me wonder, what are they thinking, and what am I thinking?!)
1. Many Lives 49MP by Final Fantasy (the CD is called He Poos Clouds --- haha! It is one bizarre album.)
2. Haircuts by Pony Pants (you have my fake shampoo it's called No More Tears)
3. I'm In No Mood by The Fiery Furnaces (I'm in no mood to comb my hair there's a chill in the air)
4. Brandenburg by Beirut
5. Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) by Cobra Strip (Oh I'm ready for it, come on bring it)
Crap, all that complaining about music, and I just spent THREE HOURS sorting through the mix CDs I had in my car, making nice labels to stick on the pockets in my new PINK CD case from Ikea. *sigh* I have to be up in 5 hours.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune... there's no more Pluto. I guess the the International Astronomical Union wanted the sentence to make more sense? hahahaha Lame joke, Angel. What is the world coming to? Pluto is declared to not be a planet ... at least it's not the only thing being stripped of its title today. Maybe Pluto is responsible for the huge cosmic disturbance in my world.
Crap! I cannot recall if I locked my car this morning... and I'm working late. Management gave me the green light to work as much as I want to get caught up from being out sick for 3 days; even extended the inviation to let me sleep here if I wanted. haha right. I'm pretty sure now that I locked up the car. I hope I did.
eelke Aug 23, 2006 - Show original item
Allright I have found a house to rent and I asked Angeline and Miranda & Lucky to come live with me in Reno. (I finally realized that I can't live without them). It was the most difficult decision I have made in my life, but I'm convinced we are all going to be happy. They hopefully will move over here in the end of September (with a U-haul and all their furniture + car). Angeline can go back to the University and finish her degree.. something that she really wanted and is well capable of of doing. We also have to get married for her to come here which is also exciting! I'm looking forward to the day that I will be reunited with my loved ones.
Ya, well that was last night, and this morning he calls to tell me that he is retracting his decision. How freaking wonderful. So much for not being able to live without us. And the bloody deleted post is still showing up in my RSS reader.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Wah! I'm sad about leaving my family and friends behind, but I will be with the man I love and everything will be better than great. I am so excited, I don't know how I will sleep tonight.
Monday, August 21, 2006
I rearranged my room when Eelke went to the Netherlands and today I cleaned it! And my Mummy didn't even have to tell me to do it!
(I was creative because there was a basket of clothes to be folded and an ironing board in the room for the whole time I was taking the photos.)
Actually,I took the photos because I finally bought and painted frames, and hung up my art prints (there is still one more, but I need to paint the last frame before hanging it above the head of the bed.)
At Ikea, Princess Miranda picked a purple bed cover (it is the same design as mine, only mine is light brown) but they had no nice sheets to fit a twin bed. We went to 2 different Winners stores and finally found somes nice cotton sheets in a gold. I don't know what the deal is, but it was so hard to find twin-sized sheets that were 100% cotton and at least a threadcount of 250!
I must say, I'm a bit jealous of the rich colour in her room now!
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
chapter two, begins...
"If every second of our lives recurs an infinite number of times, we are nailed to eternity as Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross. It is a terrifying prospect. In the world of eternal return, the weight of unbearable responsibility lies heavy on every move we make. That is why Nietzsche called the idea of heavy return the heaviest of burdens (das schwerste Gewicht).
If eternal return is the heaviest of burdens, then our lives can stand out against it in all their splendid lightness.
But is heaviness truly deplorable and lightness splendid?
The heaviest of burdens crushes us, we sink beneath it, it pins us to the ground. But in the love poetry of every age, the woman longs to be weighed down by the man's body. The heaviest of burdens is therefore simultaneously an image of life's most intense fulfillment. The heavier the burden, the closer our lives come to the earth, the more real and truthful they become.
Conversely, the absolute absence of a burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into heights, take leave of the earth and his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant.
What shall we chose? Weight or lightness?"
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Monday, August 07, 2006
Friday, August 04, 2006
Have a look at what I ate for brunch.
I bought a bunch of sweets: candies, chocolate, crisps, cookies, and sprinkles. Some of the candies I liked, some that I bought from the bulk bin were so gross! No wonder Eelke never broght those kinds home for me to try. The family owned Dutch deli & gift shop is closing on August 12th. You can read about it here