Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Woke Up Screaming

I had a horrific dream last night, one that found me waking myself up screaming, and left me afraid to go to sleep afterwards.

Someone was stalking me but I didn't know it. I went outside and found the windshield of my car cracked, like rocks have been thrown at it. Then I was driving my daddy's truck and the same thing happened, but this time the person responsible for it made it known to me that it was intentional, and he was after me. I was being chased and as I tried to find a door with the lights on insides, Icouldn't find one. When I finally did get in to a house, with the hopes of being safe, the man chasing me comes crashing trough the door because there is no lock on the door!
There was more after that, but I the details are hazy. I remember screaming, screaming in terror. I was screaming when I couldn't get the door locked but I got past that point and it wasn't until later on when I was screaming again that I woke up.
Manefestations of reality. I know a lot of people believe that dreams are not so literal, but I often have dreams that reflect on goings on of the day before. My brain needs an off button, or at least a mute button, so I can get through the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crazy pic! strange dream! I hope it wasn't the kind where you wake up and wonder where you are and that your heart is about ready to jump out of your chest. I hope all is well now.

angel.girl said...

@ Eelke: sure, go blame me for all her "bad" genes. ;)

angel.girl said...

@ Anonymous: the picture is Courteny Cox from one of the Scream films. No, it wasn't one of those kind of dreams. Last night I slept fine, so hopefully the same will be for tonight and I will have sweet dreams.

Anonymous said...

wow there are similarities with you and courtney cox. I am having trouble seeing courntey cox in that picture. We are all glad you are sleeping better.