Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm a blond bimbo girl, in the fantasy world

So I go to pick Miranda up from her afterschool care the other day... (Scott, you'll love this one; there's no escaping Barbie in this world)

I walk into the room, I see three 6-year old girls (Miranda and 2 friends) sitting at a table playing together. Suddenly, Barbie Girl starts blasting from the CD player and ALL THREE GIRLS start singing their hearts out. (And so do the other 5 girls in the room.)
"I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
Come on Barbie, let's go party!"

They are putting on a "show" tomorrow. Six girls are going to be singing and dancing to 5 songs. They are so excited and have been "rehearsing" all week. It is a PD day at school so the afterschool care is having a pajama day. Miranda has asked if she can take a cool dress to change into for the show. Let me think about that ... ah, NO! It's daycare, not a fashion show. *sigh* I tried to get the song list out of them, but all they can tell me is Barbie Girl and Macarena and then they go off on a tangent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh no... that is pure barbie syndrome.. She will do great, I am so worried for you; Angeline. You make me laugh!!!!! I wish I was witness to that episode.