Thursday, October 16, 2008

Urban Organic Absurdity

uoaThe talented and lovely Artist in Residence Stephanie Jonsson has her latest exhibit opening today until November 15th at the Harcourt House Arts Centre
3rd Floor Gallery
10215 - 112 Street
Edmonton, AB, Canada

 

Says Steph of her work,

My work is a paradox; a reaction to the absence of nature in our increasingly urban culture. The industrial, civilized world has become so disconnected from nature that it appears strange to me, like an absurd alien universe.

DSC02102I am really looking forward to seeing this exhibit!  and not only because I helped out with some of it – I helped stuff these things (seen here, arranged on my floor for the photo)  Stop in to see the exhibit so you can see how the artist incorporated them into her work.  I guarantee it will be more spectacular than my little pile on the floor.

Please support the Arts, and our local artists!!

 

Click on the images below to read more about her exhibit.

pg1 

pg2

No comments: