Monday, March 30, 2009

New Music

 
art

Depeche Mode : Sounds of the Universe

The first song I heard was fragile Tension and I thought, Meh, this is ok, but kind of boring.  Then I heard Wrong and I though, Ya! this is more like it!  DM is my most favourite band of all time, but at first I found this album mellow, and the lyrics not young and fun enough, and the spiritualism seemed preachy to me, although I know that is not the intention.  This new album is definitely not one of my DM faves, but it’s starting to grow on me.

- Miles Away/The Truth Is
- Wrong
- In Sympathy
- Perfect
- Fragile Tension
- In Chains


folder

Silversun Pickups : Swoon

I wish I could go back to the days when I was the only one I knew who had ever heard of Silversun Pickups.  I’m selfish and I don’t like to share!  Plus, sometimes bands can go down the drain as their popularity increases.  This is so not the case here.  Swoon makes me swoon!  I can’t decide which track is my least favourite!  My top faves,

- Panic Switch
- Catch and Release
- Sort Of
- There’s No Secrets This Year
- Draining
- Growing Old Is Getting Old


albumart

Metric: Fantasies

I’m totally burnt out on all the radio play Help I’m alive has received, so much so that it’s pretty much turned me off from the song, but I do like the acoustic version, and some others.

- Sick Muse
- Gimme Sympathy
- Help I’m Alive (acoustic)
- Satellite Mind
- Call Collect


folder

Röyksopp: Junior

This is a fun and catchy album.  There are ultra synthy pop songs and then you have the melodic tunes like the instrumental Röyksopp Forever.  I love it.

- Girl and the Robot
- It’s What I Want
- Happy Up Here
- Röyksopp Forever
- This Must Be It
- Vision One

No comments: