Monday, December 26, 2005

The Grand Canyon

I finally made it to the Grand Canyon, and WOW, it was breathtaking! I took so many pictures and I could have taken so many more, but it was extremey windy. I mean it was don't get too close to the edge or the wind will blow you to your death windy.

I will certainly have to go back, do some hiking, and spend more than a few hours there. And of course, take Eelke with me. :)

The temperature at the South Rim was 53F (about 12C) when we arrived around 2pm, and it had dropped to 45F (about 7C) when we left at 5pm. It was partically cloudy with winds steady at probably 20 km/h and gusting probaby around 45km/h.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must go there. I must go there. Wow, how can a picture even capture this site. I must go there.

angel.girl said...

GO - it's AMAZING!