Friday, December 23, 2005

In Phoenix for Christmas

We made it to Phoenix!

How, I don't know. First the flight for Chrismtas Eve was cancelled last month, and then we were on the flight for Christmas day, then got moved to the flight for the 22nd, only to get to the airport to be told they can fly us to Las Vegas as scheduled, but then the flight from Vegas to Phoenix was cancelled, but they could put us on another flight that would get us to Phoenix about the same time as the cancelled flight.

It was a first class flight from Edmonton to Vegas, and boy was that ever sweet! Miranda was enthralled by the slot machines in the Vegas airport. She asked me if she could play, to which I replied NO; then she asked if she could watch and I would play, to which I also replied NO. I foresee Miranda taking a trip back to Vegas when she's at least 21, so she can have a go at the slots without Mummy telling her NO.

FYI, a croissant at Sunterra's at home: $1.25CND; a croissant at the Vegas airport: $2.63UD! I would need to hit the slots and hope to win big to support my croissant habit.

No comments: