Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Chick Lit

The last one I read (Everyone Worth Knowing, by Lauren Weisberger) was actually quite good! The girl gets a job as a party planner and wow!, I want to have a job that is a lot of fun like that! Sure, she has to put up with a lot of crap, like having everyone believe she is dating the town playboy when really she isn't, but it is a lot more exciting that my office job. I need to stop reading that crap, but for once it was nice to read a crappy chick book and not wish I had a relationship other than the one I have now. :)

Basically, it is always the same story.

You start off with a girl, either in a failing relationship, or just recently split-up. She quits her job, gets a new job doing something COMPLETELY different, finds a new guy who she might fall in love with, but then they have problems and CANNOT BE TOGETHER. So the girl mopes about, and tries to pick up the pieces of her life and eventually they find their way back to each other. Does this happen in real life? Hardly! That's why they call it F-I-C-T-I-O-N.

Now I am reading something a little more thought provoking: A Man Without a Country, by Kurt Vonnegut

No comments: