Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'll NEVER do that again

Eelke invited me over for lunch today, made me a cup of tea and offered to boil an egg for me. Ok, yum! Well, we weren't really paying attention to how long the egg had been boiling and when I took it out of the pot and broke it open, I discovered it was not cooked to my liking (I like my eggs hard boiled). I peeled the egg, cut it in half, and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds, took it out and put it in again for another 10 seconds, at which point it looked like the yoke was cooked enough for me. la la la I was sprinkling on some pepper and salt, picked up a fork and was slowly cutting the yoke open when BANG! a bomb went off in my face!

The egg exploded! I know that an egg will explode in the microwave, but I thought it was only if the egg was not pierced, and if put in for a longer amount of time. My egg was sitting on my plate, and already cut open.

If you search on Winkipedia for "exploding egg" you do not get any results, but it does match "exploding sheep" at a 8.0% relevancy.

Lesson from this day's event - I am NEVER putting any part of an egg in the microwave again!

My face still feels like it was hit with flying metal. And I'm hungry.

2 comments:

angel.girl said...

You say poor baby now, but you were LAUGHING earlier.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!