Saturday, March 11, 2006

What the heck is wrong with me?

Who in their right mind would ever have thought that I would be able to walk into a store and walk out empty handed? Well, it has been happening, and more frequently than I would like to admit!

I now possess the ability to walk into a store, and resist the impulse to buy something. I am honestly looking at each item asking myself if I really, truly cannot live without it. If the answer is yes, I CAN live without it then I have not been buying it. I have recently found myself walking into a shoe store and not even considering trying on a pair of shoes just to see what they would would look and feel on my feet. Why, just today I was browsing in The Bay at the jewelry and I did not by even one pair of earrings! I think Eelke's minimalist ways are rubbing off on me.

It's not a 100% thing yet. The other day I did impulsively purchase my burt's bees tinted lip balm, which I totally could live without. They didn't even have a tester of the shelf, that's how impulsive it was. I rarely purchase make-up without testing it first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only Angeline would have a blog of impulsive shopping. I love it.