Thursday, April 27, 2006

Am I A Car Chick?

Today I went to Starbucks with a couple of dance mums; Jen drove, and while getting into her car (dirty on the outside, dust everywhere on the inside, and littered with papers and garbage: I might let my house get like that but I would die before I let it happen to my car!) it hit me, "I think I AM a car chick." I don't know the name of every car, and know how to recognise what year it is and if it's a special edition or not; but I can certainly appreciate a nice car. I mean, really! They are FAST, POWERFUL, SHINY, and come in wonderful COLOURS! I have car brochures at my desk at work, so I can flip through and look at the pictures while I am on the phone. Also, I have been know to say that one of my hobbies is washing my car, and that test driving cars would be a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Then there is the fact that I have been known to insist that my boyfriend, or boy friends, go with me so I don't miss the annual Auto Show. A few years ago, Chris told me I was a bit insane for buying an over-prices Ferrari t-shirt at the show, arguing I could have driven to this car shop in Calgary and purchased it for 1/2 the price; but I just HAD to have it then and there! Driving to Calgary was not an option! Although it would have been a fun drive to make...

Yesterday, with my free time while Miranda was on a playdate, I excitedly, went to wash my car. I was the only chick in the car wash hand drying after the wash. I windexed the windows, and when I was done, I packed up the soap, spray and shammies in their special bin in my trunk. When picking up Miranda, Jamie watched, amused, as I fretted over the little rock chip on the windshield and the tiny scratch in the paint. He called me anal! We talked about fixing my bumper (I'll probably take it to his shop) and he dropped subtle hints about me needing to get the windows shaded. We talked about their quads (they even have a mini one for Madison!). Then he invited me to stop over any time to have my tires spray with Armor All. Somehow I get the feeling that Kim doesn't get as excited about car-talk as I do. I can imagine hearing her; you can just tell him to stop if he's boring you.

After compiling this list of facts, the next time I am asked if I am a car chick, I think I would be lying if I didn't say, yes! .... Now I am going to be girly and go paint my nails (I'm going red!) and watch America's Next Top Model.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes sense.

angel.girl said...

hmmmm... I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not!!