Thursday, April 06, 2006

Can DNA Stop Time?


Scientific American: Unlocking the Secrets of Longevity Genes [ BIOTECHNOLOGY ]
A handful of genes that control the body's defenses during hard times can also dramatically improve health and prolong life in diverse organisms. Understanding how they work may reveal the keys to extending human life span while banishing diseases of old age

I am reading the March 2006 issue of Scientific American and this article is exactly what I wish I was doing wtih my life! I don't want to be the one to make the ground breaking discovery, all I am asking for is to be a part of the genetic research team. wah! Here I am, stuck at a desk, processing credit applications, typing contracts, doing nothing of importance; it's not fair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this stuff.