Sunday, April 23, 2006

Road Trip to the "Border City"

Miranda and I went on a road trip this weekend. She was fantastic in the car! On the 2 hour ride there, she read her books and drew in her notepad, only twice asked "when are we going to be there", and when we were 20 km away, asked me to turn down the music because she wanted to take a nap.

The highlight of the visit for her was Chris's new car, because she has spent 1/2 of her life being rather fond of Corvettes. Ok, I have to admit that it was probably the highlight of my visit to, or more specifically, DRIVING IT! (thanks Chris! :) and thanks to my Daddy for letting me learn to drive a stick this summer when he loaned me his Mustang for a weekend, otherwise Chris probably would never have allowed me to drive his car!)

On the drive home, she asked to listen to my ipod, and she was asleep within 15 minutes. She slept the whole drive home, waking up when we were in the city and 5 minutes away from home.

She missed seeing the dead porcupine, the sweet little foal, the calves, the buffalo farm, and the buffalo at Elk Island Park. I used to think that driving up to Jasper was great, but I am really starting to appreciate driving through the prairies, the great plains, blue sky, and straight open roads.

photos taken from the car

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who is this other anonymous and why is there a word verification now. Regardless this is my way of expressing my envy.