Friday, August 04, 2006

Gray Day

It's a gray and depressing rainy day. And cold (11C). I woke up early, took Miranda to Grandma's, washed the car, gasses up the car (then it started to rain), waited 30 minutes to get in for an oil change, returned bottles for refund to the depot (160 Red Bull/Red Rain cans I consumed in 5 or 6 months), then I stopped at Van's before going home.

Have a look at what I ate for brunch.

I bought a bunch of sweets: candies, chocolate, crisps, cookies, and sprinkles. Some of the candies I liked, some that I bought from the bulk bin were so gross! No wonder Eelke never broght those kinds home for me to try. The family owned Dutch deli & gift shop is closing on August 12th. You can read about it here


Yummy candies:




Yucky candies:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems the 'salty sweets' always come as a bit of a shock to people who try them, as they have the expectation that sweets will be, ehm, sweet...

I saw it happen in a group of American high school students visiting Groningen a few weeks ago... Some liked them, other spit them out almost immediately!

angel.girl said...

Do you guys like them, these salty sweets?

Anonymous said...

Like them? Love them!