Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Accident on the Yellowhead

This past Sunday was not one of my best days.

* The bike carrier fell off my car (finally, here's a photo with the new tinted windows) while I was driving down the freeway. My bike is ok, the carrier is ok, Miranda and I are ok, the other people and cars on the freeway are ok... MY CAR... dented. wah! (no one stopped to try to help the damsel in distress, not like this tough cookie needed it, but still the effort would have been nice...)
* I forgot Lucky (the cat) at home when she was supposed to come to my daddy's house with us.
* I get to my daddy's house and find out I have a huge cut on my foot. I still have NO IDEA how it got there, but probably when I was dealing with the crap happening on the freeway.
* I thought I was reading the directions and making the dinner properly. Turns out I had been reading the microwave instructions (when I was trying to cook on the stove-top) and I wasn't even reading those right. I put the frozen pasta in a pot of boiling water when I neither set of directions called for water!

I did manage to go for a bike ride in the hot sun. I took some pictures. I didn't actually go down to the river valley, and instead stayed at the top of the valley where I figured there would be a lesser chance of me hurting myself. I found a spot where some children had planted various flowers, and stopped to take some pictures of the plants.

No comments: