Friday, June 13, 2008

Body In A Box

I am preparing for tomorrow.  For those who know me, "preparing" for any occasion usually means picking out something to wear.  Not today!  Believe it or not, I haven't even given more than a second's thought about what I will wear.  I know I have tonnes of black clothes in my closet, so I will come up with something.  I"m so tempted to wear something bright. - oh man!  My pink bubble GUESS skirt would be awesome to wear!  I mean, wedding guests are wearing white to weddings these days, maybe wearing colour to a funeral isn't such a major etiquette faux pas now-a-days.

Tomorrow is my Oma's funeral, and I will be delivering the ... wait for it... eulogy! 

Are you still on your chair?  I know, it's shocking news, isn't it.

It will either be a huge accomplishment for me, or a huge disaster.  By disaster, I mean me giving into the panic I felt a few days ago, when I decided I would drop it all and not even show up for the funeral.  Sometimes I can be a major nut-bar, so it wouldn't be altogether unexpected.  My Pride is what's pushing me to rock this!

I feel like I'm back in school because it's nearly 2:00am and I'm cramming to finish this paper.  I'm feeling quite content with what I have thus far composed.  I have it pretty much done, but the final paragraphs are still a little sloppy.  I'll clean it up before I have to hand it in in the morning, or I'll just improvise when up on the podium. BTDT on the latter too many times to count. * note to self: remember to print it out!!*

However, I can't get this song out of my head, and dammit, I want to put something about "it's like a man's best party only happens when he dies" and say that's how she would have wanted it, because she was modest and didn't want people to make a fuss over her when she was alive.  I won't - but I'll be thinking it.

When I'm up there, in front of all those people, I'll be humming Dallas's song in my head and it will keep me in a life celebrating mood.  Good 'ole Dallas Green.

No comments: