Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hockey Night in Canada

The girlies did some Friday night hockey partying, going to Globe after work for drinks and food, and of course to watch the game. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun!! photos

We were pleasantly drunk before 7:00, thanks to our food taking forever hours to be ready. The excuse was there was only one cook (really? for a home playoff game on a Friday day night? There's good planning for you.) I have no idea when the Oilers scored the last two goals, even though I was in front of like 30 TV screens for the entire third period. After the game we danced all over the Captain Morgan playing cards that we had thrown all over the floor. We were the only people dancing haha it was so funny and I would have been absolutely mortified if I hadn't been drinking. We ended up taking home these Smirnoff goalie mask/bottle opener rings that don't fit on our fingers, and some guy from the front table who won like all the prizes in the Oilers trivia challenge gave me a Bud Lite keychain/bottle opener.

With a 6-3 win for the Oilers, Jasper Ave was INSANE with noise as we made our way to the Druid to continue the party. Lorraine found herself a paper goalie helmet, I got silver pompom and we all danced up a storm until Eelke wanted to leave because some dude had a crush on me and was jealous of seeing us together. photos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ladies are having just the kind of fun and support those oilers need. How come I never met your hot friends.

angel.girl said...

You had ME - you didn't need to be meeting my hot friends. haha