Tuesday, May 02, 2006

This Is My Life

At work I want to suddenly scream at the top of my lungs!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I need to get myself out of this! I need change! I have changed my clothes, trading in cute shirts and high heels for rolled up cargo pants and t-shirts with skulls (only one with a skull, and it's from Buffalo so it's trendy and cool, or so I tell myself) and extremely pushing the limits of the "business casual" dress-code of the office. I have traded my sweet pink nail polish for brown, and now for red. (If that's not ME screaming for something, then I don't know what is!) Aside from occasionally wearing my pink overcoat, I cannot recall the last time I wore anything pink (sorry Jamie! or is that a good thing?) But that's not enough change.

I need a new job! because I can no longer stand my job. I can no longer bear to hear them say how quick and proficient and meticulous I am, and what a wealth of knowledge I possess; I can no longer sit patiently and wait with baited breath that today will be the cold day in hell when they actually promote me. I need to get out, I have known that since before Christmas ... but where do I go? I don't see a job offer falling out of the sky and landing in my lap (unless someone reading this wanrts to throw a job my way), so I need to figure out what it is I really want to be doing, and work towards making it happen!

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you've broken
Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes
This is your life and today is all you've got now
Yeah, and today is all you'll ever have
Don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes

This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose

1 comment:

angel.girl said...

I have no clue what I will do, but at least admitting I have to make a change is the first step, non?