Monday, December 11, 2006

Narcoleptic

On Wednesday I suffered from a narcoletpic attack on the way home from work. It was a normal day and I wasn't overly tired. I walked to my car and turned on some hopping music (The Presets!). By the time I reached the end of Jasper Avenue (we're talking 14 blocks away from where I park) I blinked and I have no idea how long it took for my eyes to open again, but it was a lot longer than what it should have been. It happened another 2 times before I got home. The second time it happened I only jerked awake because I felt the car rolling forward.

I had always been aware of how easy it could be to fall aleep while driving, like if you were super exhausted or a shift worker or something like that, but I never imagined that it would happen as it did. I think it has to do with the lack of daylight. It's dark when I leave in the morning and it's dark when I go home in the afternoon.

Wow, in retrospect, I had quite the dangerous week. I'm glad I made it out without hurting anyone other than myself (my back still hurts and my bottom is horribly bruised from the fall).

No comments: