Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Nines

ninesOne of the things the boyfriend and I do together is check out the new movie trailers at http://www.apple.com/trailers . The Nines instantly shot its way to the top of our "must see" list.  Although it was never released to the movie theatres here, it's now out on DVD.

In traditional form, I fell asleep watching it the other night, so I had to re-watch the ending the next afternoon.

I didn't read more about the movie prior to watching it, and I thought it was going to be creepier that it was.  The not knowing made it all the more interesting, as I tried to figure out how it all fit together, and what was the meaning behind the 9's.  I think it's a film you will either love or hate, but I definitely suggest you give it a try if you are interested in intellectual films.

To sum up the movie in a word, I would say FUN, but not fun as in a traditional comedy kind of way.  It was very peculiar and puzzling and thought provoking, but not in a super profound my-head-hurts-at-the-magnitude-of-it kind of way.  It was captivating and unpredictable.  I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The overlapping storyline of the Nines resolves itself nicely at the end... and, although Reynolds proved himself to be a versatile actor, it was Melissa McCarthy who did a particularly great job of adding color to the whole thing.