Monday, January 21, 2008

What is Tom smoking?

When I was 21, I bought a book.  I was in love with the X-Files and all things science and spacey, and I was reading some pretty whacked out stuff at the time, about Fibonacci numbers, the golden spiral, the flower of life, the tree of life and super-string theory. This book was about religion and it made my head spin with insanity.

I bought it more for entertainment and to expand my general knowledge of what others believe in, not because I wanted to be a follower.  The book was said to explain a method for spiritual rehabilitation, and covers topics such as morals, ethics, detoxification, education and management.  Not at all bad topics, as self improvement is always important.  It explains this triangle theory, the points representing Knowledge, Responsibility and Control, which made sense to me- gather knowledge so you can act responsible and take control of your density and the world around you.

Then it started talking about Thetans and their existence for trillions of years and how they were traumatized by alien implants. And when a person (fundamentally a host body) dies, the Thetans are released to another planet, some stuff happens there, then they are dumped back on Earth.  It doesn't even touch on the dangerous health purification practices, the suspicious 'suicides' of its followers and how they manage to extract every penny from its follower's pockets.

This my friends, all takes place in the Scientology book I read.  This is the religion (who the hell am I kidding, it's a freaking CULT) that has sucked in all kinds of people.  Seriously, you can't tell me that Tom Cruise is not smoking something to actually believes this crap!  Watch this video, because he can't really be serious!  This is something you might believe when you're drunk and high, but in a few weeks you sober up and wonder what the fuck you ever saw in it.  He makes no sense and just says the same thing over and over and laughs retardedly.  Either he's totally off his rocker, of the 'church' is paying him to be their spokesman and it's the best performance of his acting career.

 

And if you've made it this far, here's a fun video Scientology= WTF?  by MC Lars

 

(1)Scientology: Its background and origins

No comments: