Friday, January 20, 2006

Can't Buy My Vote

This morning I was walking down the hallway to the LRT and I could see two people with badges on their lapels and pamphlets and an open box of Tim Hortons timbits. I thought they were some bible beaters, trying to lure people in with the offer of free treats. As I got nearer, I could see it was Nicole Martel (Edmonton East Liberal Party candidate) with the timbit box, and a lackey was passing out campaign literature. HAHA! As if I would vote for the liberals, and they are insane if they think free balls of fat saturated sugar will sway my mind.

Since I don't want you accidentally voting for her, since her name is the only one you might recognize on the ballot after reading this, here is the complete list of the candidates in the 252 Edmonton East riding:

Conservative: Peter Goldring (Incumbent)
Green Party: Trey Capnerhurst
Liberal: Nicole Martel
New Democtratic Party: Arlene Chapman

4 comments:

angel.girl said...

:p sweetster?

So do I need to be looking for something in the sorcecode or not?

Anonymous said...

hmm...comment, comment, comment did you vote!

angel.girl said...

duh, of course I voted! Women fought forever to get the right to vote so I have to honour their efforts. Besides, you can't bitch about the government if you didn't exercise your right to vote.

Anonymous said...

Love it.. All I can say again is comment comment comment because I did not vote. I really want to camment camment comment... dammit.