Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thought Recorder

I was riding home on the train and I had a thought while walking to my car.

Goodbye pens and paper and rushing to write down your brilliant thoughts and ideas! Wouldn't it be great if I had an Instant Thought Recorder!? Now I cannot recall what my initial thought was that I wanted to keep and record, but I do remember my thought about this thought recorder. You could have a thought and then after finishing the thought, you could press a button and it would save the last thought you had. Of course it would have to have some sort of filter on it to omit the thought to record your last thought, because then that would be the last thought; technically, it would have to record your second from last thought.

And then I got to thinking, why use a button at all? Why not make it and Hands-free Instant Thought Recorder. You could think "I want to record my last thought" and it would save that thought for you, again omitting the thought to record the thought.

Why not throw in a feature so it saves your last ten thoughts because you might not initially think to record a specific thought, and then a few thoughts later you decide you should make a memo of that thought? I know that sometimes a while after I have a thought I go back and think so-and-so would like that idea I had and would want to save the initial thought to share with them at a later date.

Anyways, this is just one of my thoughts that I managed to get on paper before I forgot it. And yes, I actually did put it on paper. I stopped driving a few blocks up from the train station and scribbled it on an old envelope.

I do realise this probably is an idea had by many people pbefore me, but it just seems like such a practical device! I just really, really wanted to get back that thought that I couldn't remember.

6 comments:

angel.girl said...

um, no. I thought that would a little too nerdy. I prefer to just come up with the good ideas and let someone else do the rest.

Anonymous said...

I love thoughts. It would have to record fast becasue it might miss some thoughts. You could actaully use it to count how many thoughts you had that day. A way to measure your productivity for the day. how boring would life be without thoughts. I love thoughts. "what are you thinking about"

angel.girl said...

Hey, that's a good idea! To see how many thoughts a person thinks in a day. You could use it at work, sorry boss, I had an unproductive day, but check my thought count and see that I had lots of good intentions!

Anonymous said...

Becareful becasue this thought counter might evolve to a second generation which has the ability to categorize each thought. Now Your boss might find out your productivity level is down because you categorized your entire day on sex. Most guys would be out of a job. Hence no thought counter.

angel.girl said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up... Does it ever stop!