Sunday, July 09, 2006

1 week down; 7 to go

The first week of summer is over and a few changes that have been seen.

Miranda is not in daycare any more! She is staying with Grandma during the day, taking swimming lessons, losing teeth, running through the sprinkler and watching TV.

Since I am having to drive her to Grandma's house in the morning, I am no longer taking the LRT in to downtown. Instead, I am parking on the edge of the downtown core and walking about 10 blocks. I bought new (old ladyish) walking sandles, since the heels of my old Ecco (non-old ladyish) sandals were breaking off from the sole of the shoe. I got them from the downtown shoe store (Wener's Shoes) with the nice chocolate coloured dog. The lady assisting me was so nice and helpful. She offered suggestions and expressed her opinions of what she thought looked/fit best on my feet. She was not at all pushy, as a lot of people in retail can be.

I am working extra hours at the office. Shannon is on vacation and Stephanie has been out sick. It's the end of the month and lucky me to be stuck with the extra reports to do. Stephanie has also given her notice to quit. I don't know if they will let her stay 2 weeks or not. Her desk is a disaster and it is going to be a struggle to clear up her stuff, get the new person settled in and trained, and keep up with our current work. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»