Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fireworks

We watched the fireworks and walked 15 blocks back to the car. We were in sight of the parkade and Miranda said to me, You are the best mummy ever for taking me to see the fireworks and buying me a new Canada Day t-shirt... She drifted off in her memories of the day and looked so beautiful because she was absolutely happy (and exhausted).

Miranda's favourite are the huge gold ones that fall down all glittery. For those of you who missed the fireworks display, I have a clip you can view. The show lasted for 15 minutes and was quite nice.

We parked the car in the parkade (parking garage) by Eelke's building and were going to watch the show from the Telus building, but I got a little paranoid with her walking at the top of the huge hill, so we walked down to the Legislature grounds. I carried Miranda 1/2 the way back in both directions and on the way back she was asking why all the cars were honking. Some people just do that, I replied. And I had to shield her eyes as we walked past the Starbucks on the corner of Jasper Ave & 100 Street, as there was a police car and 2 bicycle officers breaking up a fight and there were bloody people in sight. But the weather had been great (not a cloud in sight!), and we made it through the day without getting sunburns or mosquito bites! yay!

No comments: