Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nooooooooooooo! Believe in Evolution

Miranda comes home from her first day at Church camp and declares, Jesus fed 5000 people with one fish and 5 loaves of bread, and that was one of his miracles.

Pick me up off the ground!! (Thank the stars above, it is over at the end of this week!)

Then at dinner, she is asking how he died when he was on the cross. I told her we would talk about it later. I tried to explain that they are stories, but she insists that God and Jesus are real.

I went to catholic school for my entire schooling and I never believed in God or Jesus; why is she so eager to believe they are real? HELP! Can anyone recommend a good evolution/Darwinism book (or two) for children, so I can get her back on track? She knows abotu dinosaurs, so I just have to explain to her that dinosaurs are older than the bible, and Jesus. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These church camp guys have the best brainwashers to lure innocent young humans into faith.

The exact same happened to my cousin's child who went to the only christian school available in singapore. She came home and the only thing she said was: god made the trees, god made the mountains, god made this god made that.... and she couldn't be talked out of it.

Eelke
blogger login does not work?