Monday, July 17, 2006

Pink Paperclip Club

This weekend was a party with the Eastern Invasion. I was the only Albertan in the room! (Jennifer and Lorraine are from Saskatchewan, and the rest of them are from Cape Breton or somewhere else around there.)

I saw a tub or plastic-covered paper clips on the counter and thought it was insane that Michelle and Lauralee had so many (it had to be 500!)
I pulled out a few to play with and then decided to clip a pink one on every one's shirt! I did it as an experiment to see if the guys would be comfortable wearing pink. I suppose it wasn't a very daring experiment, since Benny was already wearing a minty-green shirt (might as well have been pink!) and Matty was wearing a purple shirt. I would put money down that one of them actually has a pink shirt! :p

Lauralee called me a witch because she thought I was going to drop an ice cube down her shirt; and Lorraine thought she would be cooler without one, and she tore it off and twisted it up. :( She eventually realized she did want to be part of the "in" crowd and reshaped her paperclip and clipped it on her pants, but only after the savage bit me on the thigh and gave me a bruise!

The paperclips stayed on, even as we made our way (on foot) to the local grubby pub for kareoke. It was more like we went there to watch Rockstar John perform, since he was the only one in our group to put their name in to sing songs. He was awesome and totally rocked the place! No wonder he's in a band.
ps - someone please tell Benny that my name is not Angelica. How the heck is it that he knows the names of the Rugrats anyway?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»