Sunday, July 09, 2006

I could do that again

Today there was a World Cup BBQ at Marie-Aude's house, so I watched my first soccer match , from beginning to end! Well, almost the whole thing; I was 10 minutes late. We were cheering for France. But it was really great! Ok, a little boring in the extra time because the players were tired and they just fancy passing and not really going anywhere, but as a whole I enjoyed it and I could see myself watching more matches in the future. It's a very different sport than I am used to watching. It seems to be more civilized that hockey or football. With that being said, I wonder what Materazzi said to Zidane... I think he probably deserved that head-butt!

It was nice having the Eurotrash around to explain so I understand the game better. :) At first the faking was tiring, but now I understand how it fits into the game. And you have to appreciate that magic spray they keep using on everyone! What is that stuff made of?! I could have done without the hot, sweaty Italian men crawling all over each other, hugging each other, pulling down shorts, and kissing the dirty cup.

No comments: