Thursday, January 11, 2007

Blizzard, and not they kind you buy at Dairy Queen

The next time there is a blizzard icon on the daily weather forecast, I am not letting myself out of the house! Yesterday, I was retarded enough to drive to work when I could barely see the road in front of me.

At the end of the day, it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get from my office to Miranda at the daycare centre. Yes, that's right, Miranda is back in daycare because my stepmonster told me on New Year's Eve that she can no longer watch her after school. I should have easliy been there in 45 minutes.

I thought maybe the office would shut down. They have done it in the past wtih the Halifax, NS office. Nope, we stayed open all day long. Not even a drop of sympathy for the people who didn't call in sick. I have lived in Edmonton for 30 years (with the exception of the 3 years spent in the States) and I have never known the city to shut down because of winter weather. In Dallas, a light dusting of snow fall over night caused our Microsoft office to shut down for the day.

Today they have began grating the snow off the main roads, making them as icy as skating rinks. The coin slot for the parking lot ticket dispenser was iced shut. I think I should have stayed in bed today, too. To K in Mexico: I should have hitched a ride in your suitcase.

No comments: