Friday, March 30, 2007

A strange thing happened on the way home today

Today after work, I was walking downtown towards the Art Gallery of Alberta (the old Edmonton Art Gallery) when I heard a CRASH behind me. A man on a bicycle had run through a red light and a car had hit him!! He fell off his bike, picked himself up, said sorry and rode off, leaving behind on the ground a bicycle seat and some sort of metal pipe.

The man was sort of bummish looking, so it's not like he was a business man riding his bike to work as a work out.

I stood watching this scene, and watching him ride away, completely stunned. How could someone get hit by a car and just carry on as if it was nothing more than a stumble while walking?? And he left those bike parts on the ground! I turned and walked away when two other bums were crossing the street and stopped to pick up the bike parts. I didn't want them attempting to talk to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meth does increase your pain levels. Guy will probably be sore the next day, or dead if he ruptured his liver or something.