Friday, October 20, 2006

Nearly lost an eye running

No fancy story, just the facts. I got hit in the eye with a tree branch on Wednesday. It wasn't my fault. I kept on running. I ran 5.5km! yay! Got in to the centre and my eye was all red and I was bleeding from a scratch on the bridge of my nose. Thanks Duane!

(Duane was the running group leader, and I was behind him. He was looking down and hit the tree (it was dark outside but we were on a semi-lit residential street) and I got attached by the whip back of the branch. I thanked him for the warning (none) and he teased me the remainder of the run. At the end of the run there was a HUGE water puddle and he was wearing new running shoes. I totally looked like I faked that I was going to jump in it and splash him, but I didn't. Damn, I should have!

My eye is ok. Just the small scratch on my nose, which will heal, and the lesson learnt to always be in the lead so you can see what's coming at you.

No comments: