Friday, February 02, 2007

H2O

Buying bottled water is wrong, says Suzuki.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2007/02/01/suzuki-water.html

Canadians wanting to do something about the environment can start by drinking tap water, environmentalist David Suzuki says.

Sorry, David, but I cannot stand the taste of tap water. I will use Edmonton tap water to make tea, cook my food, feed my cat (she actually doesn't like bottled water), wash my hair and brush my teeth with, but when it comes to drinking just plain water, I need to have the pure, clean taste of Dasani or Aquafina or other demineralized water. I always recycle my bottles. And since I use tap water for everything else, my doctor assures me that I am (and that Miranda is) getting enough fluoride.

I know an alternative to bottled water would be to use a water filtration system. Since it costs a fair bit to get one put in the house, I will look in to a portable filtration method, like using a Brita filter. How does that sound, David?

ps - I really miss watching The Nature of Things!

No comments: