Thursday, February 08, 2007

I can't eat that much!

At work today, Damon sent this website to Michelle, and she sent it on to me http://www.nutritiondata.com/ . I went to the Daily Needs Calculator and before I post my results I need to say make an announcement:

I have 11 packs of butter in my desk!!

When I get a croissant from Sunterra in the morning, I grab a few packs of butter so Michelle and I have them to put on our Ryvita crackers and English muffins.

At 10:00, Michelle and I were on the escalator after getting breakfast, I lifted up my shirt, and patted a butter container on my tummy to illustrate that it's going to go right there and she said that was the funniest thing to see me do. Some of the guys in the office were on the Up escalator and I think they might have seen me. haha! They probably think I am insane. There were people everywhere; everyone probably thinks I am insane.

Anyways, so there is no way I can consume nearly 3100 calories a day, but at least know why I am still dropping fat even though I eat croissants and real butter and lots of dark chocolate. That's not all my diet consists of, I do eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and lately a lot of bread (raisin bread & whole grain) and multigrain crackers (Grains First Spring Harvest by Dare are the BOMB!) Oh and I didn't even mention that I am doing weight training, so I probably need even more than 3100 calories.

Calories Burned Report

You are a 30 year old woman, 64.0 inches tall, with a current weight of 119.0lbs. You lead a very active lifestyle, and participate in the following exercise: 30 minutes of running, 7.5 mph (8 min/mile) 30 minutes of walking, 3.5 mph, level ground, brisk 20 minutes of walking, 3.0 mph, level ground, moderate

Your Body Mass Index

Your current Body Mass Index (BMI) is 20.4.
BMI is a standardized ratio of weight to height, and is often used as a general indicator of health. The "normal" BMI for an adult woman of your height is 18.5 to 24.9. This translates to a healthy weight range of 108 to 145 lbs.However, BMI does not take body composition into account. A weight above this range could still be considered healthy if your percentage body fat is less than average. For more accurate determination of body fat levels, consider using a body fat caliper.

Your Calories Burned

Here is an estimate of your daily energy needs...
calories burned:

Daily Energy Expenditure: 2578 kcal (10794 kJ)
Additional Calories from Exercise: + 520.0 kcal (2177 kJ)
Estimated Energy Requirement: 3098.0 kcal (12971 kJ)

No comments: