Thursday, May 17, 2007

EVERYONE is talking about Facebook!

Yesterday a the gym, I walked into the courts to wait for a class to start and the two women there were talking about Facebook. In walked the instructor, and she was talking about Facebook. Everyone in my office is talking about Facebook. My friends are all talking about Facebook. Even people who are NOT on Facebook are talking about Facebook. Now I just read the lastest Dear Prudence advice column, and she lists Facebook as a solution to a girl's problem!

Dear Prudence,
There is a boy in my art class who is very attractive. I have never done pottery before, and this was his second quarter. I had no idea how to glaze my work, so I asked someone next to me. He was nearby glazing his work and I looked over at him. Then he came over and explained how to glaze. He was standing so close I was able to look into his beautiful eyes. I realized later that I didn't even pay attention to what he said. From that point on, I have been thinking about nothing but him. My problem is that I want him to know how I feel but I am too scared. What should I do?

—Hopelessly in Love

Dear Hopelessly,
You need a way to let him know that wasn't your eyes glazing over at his lecture on glazing. This is why Facebook was invented. Send him a "friend" request with a message saying you appreciate him helping you out in class the other day. Do not explain that you have also fallen deeply in love. Then he'll follow up if he thinks you two can make beautiful pots together.

—Prudie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

facebook ....schmacebook!

I don't know anyone on facebook, but i'm a bit sick of facebook anyway. I'll stick to last.fm & secondlife.

angel.girl said...

Whatever! Even Scott was HATING on facebook forever, but I set him up an account and now he's all over it like a fat kid on a smartie.

Anonymous said...

More like a fat kid on a cupcake.

ps. Make me some cupcakes

angel.girl said...

I'm actually in the process of baking some cookies for you....