Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mystery Bag

Two Friday's ago, I was shopping downtown when I saw a lady walking with a CBS radio bag. Me, the shopaholic, I thought to myself, oh! I wonder what they sell at the radio station... I gaze through the window as I pass the CBS office and do not see anything to buy.

I exited the mall and saw that the light was red, so instead of crossing through to Churchill Square, I rounded the corner and continued walking past the CBS windows. Then I saw a gentleman with an armful of cute paper CBS shopping bags, and he looked at me and said, Excuse me, Miss... (he called me Miss! Not Ma'am, but Miss!!) Then he continued, Would you like a gift bag from CBS Radio?

That was how the lady I saw got her bag! You don't need to buy anything from the radio station, just for looking pretty while walking down the street (I was smoking hot on Friday) they reward you with a goody bag. (Yes, I do know that the looking pretty probably has nothing to do with being offered a bag.)

I took a quick glance into the bag, but didn't really examine the contents until I got to my car:

  • a copy of the 2006/2007 Guide to Downtown Edmonton booklet
  • an Edmonton Transit bus pass holder
  • an advertasmint card for CBC Radio One
  • a box of orange juice
  • an Oatmeal To Go bar
  • a CBS Radio water bottle.

No comments: