Monday, June 25, 2007

No more plants PLEASE

My step-mum bought me a nice Gerbera Daisy (my favourite flower) houseplant for Mother's Day. Six weeks later, it's dead. Miranda will bring home plants from Baba's house or from school and they are now all dead. I have one Hibiscus plant that I have had for 6 years and it's a FREAKING MIRACLE that the plant is still alive, what with the number of times I have pushed it to the fronts doors of death. Currently, it has 3 green leaves on it, and many more brown ones. I joke to my family that the only reason my child is still alive is because she tells me when I need to feed her, and that I can't keep a plant to save my life. I am a cut flower person... they are expected to die, and when they die, I don't feel guilty about it! With that being said, I can't remember the last time I recieved a bouquet of flowers. Oh ya I can.... Eelke bought me sunflowers last Spring, and then Rhonda from my old work bought be Gerberas for my birthday. Wow, no flowers for a whole year!

No comments: