Monday, June 18, 2007

Three cakes in three days

click for larger imageThis was the first time in my life that I spent ALL weekend celebrating my birthday.

(click on the picture pile to see the album)
click to see the Gunned Show Part 2 photo albumFriday night it was a party at The Emerald! Scott and I showed up fashionably late ;) Jenny was so sweet and decorated the place with streamers and balloons (and even water balloons outside!). I went upstairs with Glenn to get a hoody so this high maintenance princess (as he was calling me) could go outside and not get eaten by the mosquitoes. I went downstairs to see everyone (no small feat, since people had been all over the place a few moments earlier) gathered around a chocolate cake in the kitchen. It even had my name on it!! And they sang to me! I blew out the candles, 5 stayed lit, and someone piped up that all 5 boyfriends are here tonight.

click to see the Birthday Party, the second photo album
Saturday night the party started at Michelle & Jennifer's pad. They decorated with pink & purple streamers (my favourite colours), had my favourite snacks (munchie mix, lime chips & salsa), made an angel food cake with my favourite berries, and Melissa whipped up the most heavenly blender drinks ever!! I blew out the candles, and when 1 stayed lit, Scott eagerly asked, Is it me?! Moving the party to Whyte Ave, we walked into the first place that didn't have a line up. I didn't even know the name of it! They played cheesy music, but in my drunken state I didn't mind it, and even enjoyed it! The clock went past midnight and I didn't clue in that the day was now actually my birthday. ps - I know I was supposed to call some people to come to meet for drinks, but by that time I wasn't able to operate a phone!

click to view the Birthday Dinner photo albumSunday... I wake up, walk to the living room where Scott is at the computer. A: *yawning* It's my birthday today. S: *perky because he has been up for a couple of hours* I know! Happy Birthday, Babe! Then we talk about our usual favourite things, (his) Warcraft, motorbikes, more WoW, (mine) clothes, pink things, shopping, (ours) music, motorbike clothes, Facebook & computers, TV & movies. We visited his mum, then he had to pack for his camping trip. :( I went for dinner at Cosmos with my family (mum, dad, brother, step-mum, Miranda). I knew they brought a cake (they always do) but this time they actually started singing, and so did the waiter. It was most embarrassing! Then the belly dancer came out to perform. Miranda was being a ham for the camera. My brother complained about the flash, so that's why most of the pictures of him are in focus with him squinty-eyed, or blurry with him (maybe) managing to keep his eyes open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday (sorry i'm late)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.