Thursday, November 30, 2006

ugh!

What a morning... I wake up late because I had difficulties falling asleep last night. I go to make Miranda's lunch and see that I forgot to bake the croissants I put out to thaw last night. I take Miranda to Jarod's house to wait for the bus and my car gets stuck in the snow mound from when they scraped the street. Jarod's dad comes out to help me out and I put down the window so we can talk. I get out and start driving away only to discover that my window will not go back up. Oh and did I mention it was snowing?

I call my daddy but he had no suggestions, aside from putting the car in a heated garage and hope that un-sticks it. I didn't know who to call next. I call Honda's roadside assistance to see if I was still covered (I have been fearing that it was only good for a year and expired this past August). Fortunately, I can stop worrying about that as I am covered until August 2008). So then I tell the guy my window is stuck. He said it would take a while for a tow truck to come and take the car to the dealership. I told him not to bother because I was already driving and the dealership is in the same general direction as I was driving.

I was told it would probably be at least 2 hours to get looked at, but I could wait in the customer lounge. The lounge was nice, tv on the sports channel, somewhat cozy chairs, but it was feezing (or rather, I was freezing from drving with the window all the way down). There was also a kitchen and you could purchase breakfast or lunch! Cereal, toast, grilled cheeese, and daily specials (today it was pyrogies for lunch). I had a Coke Zero and Raisin bread in my bag. Also, it was a good thing my ipod was recharged (yesterday morning I went to turn it on for my walk to the office and it was dead) and I had magazines in my car to read. So I sat and tried to keep myself from freaking out how much this was ging to cost me.

The Window: The service department tried oiling it first but that didn't rectify the problem, so the ended up replacing the run channel. I now have the window up (and it goes up and down just fine) and it didn't cost me a cent. fhew!

Once I got downtown I had to park further away than I normally do because the lot was so full. :( And my leg really hurts because I have a tight muscle from not stretching properly after running on Tuesday (which was aggravated because I ran again last night), and sitting and waiting for the car didn't make it any better. I imagine that walking 11 blocks (three of those through the snow) in high heels probably doesn't make it any better. The pain started off as a tightness in my ITB (iliotibial band) at my hip, and after last night's run the pain was extending down to my knee. I know it will be fine with a little rest, ice and stretching.

Of all days to have to stay late at work... this afternoon I promised Miranda I would get her right after work and we'd go to the school to visit the book fair. Now she's going to have to miss it, and I will have to come up with a way to make it up to her. In the end, this car problem is costing me in the long run. :(

22 more sleeps until I get on the lace for Phoenix.... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor girl I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Window going down and not going up..... weird but I remember being in such a situation not so long ago..... ow yeah it happened to us when we returned from the sugarbowl remember? My window wouldn't go up because of the snow.

I wish I was there so I could rub your leg. You really have to warm up when you go running silly girl ;-)

I'm really happy today as I finally managed to get this system running which kept me stuck for 1.5 weeks.