Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The summer slack factor is over

In a few hours I will have to get Miranda up and ready for her first day of grade 2. I really do not like the start of the school season. It reminds me about how much I cannot watch over her every moment of the day. I have to blindly trust a stranger to watch over and protect my child, and probably upwards of 20 other children at the same time! Miranda is a wonderful child, and a superb student, but that didn't prevent her from having her clothes coloured on and her hair cut by the unruly child sitting behind her on the second day of grade 1. This year my fears are doubled because she will be taking the bus to school in the mornings. To Miranda, riding the bus is the greatest thing about starting this school year, and she mentions it even before mentioning seeing her school friends, whom she has not seen all summer. To me, the idea of my 6 year old on a bus (with no seat belts!) with the only adult being the driver makes me feel ill. I don't want anything to happen to my baby.

No comments: