Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Family Lake Day

chillaxin on the boatTwo weeks ago, it was family day with the Mitchells. We piled into the vehicles and pulled the boat to Pigeon Lake. The sun spent most of the afternoon hiding behind the clouds, and the water was extra rough and rocky. Half of us nearly got soaked at one point or another, and Logan almost got sick from fright after nearly getting thrown overboard (Scott and I admitted to each other that our stomachs also felt a little queasy) while the boat sped through the rough water.


Eventually he settled and despite being tortured, by Scott and his parents, with country music in the truck, and despite the conditions not being perfect for boating, the boys caught 2 fish, we shared a wonderful sandwich lunch and a bunch of laughs... it was the perfect day! Scott and Miranda competed to use my lap as a pillow on the drive home. I was absolutely exhausted when I got home at the end of the day, but even now, I still smile when I think about how fun the day was!! :)


No comments: