Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Robots in Disguise

Protect - DestroyThis evening, Boyfriend took the girls (meaning me and Miranda) to see the new Transformers movie. It was a unanimous opinion that the movie was AWESOME!! :D When it was over, I wanted to clap and cheer, and I have NEVER before felt compelled to do that while watching a movie.

Before going to see the movie, I had not seen a trailer or commercial. I had heard a radio commercial, and that was all. I did not know what to expect. I wanted it to be a total surprise. I knew that it would be fantastic, and if it wasn't for the fact that I don't care for crowds, I would have insisted we see it last week when it came out. I swear, I sat there with a shit-eating grin on my face the entire time!

The robots were so cool looking!! It made me want to go back and watch the cartoons again (remember how cool they were when we were kids!) but now they would seem so cheesy. Ah, but at least we can say we've been there, watching since the beginning! The movie was just like the toyroom when we were kids, my brother and his friends playing with Transformers, dinky car, and GI-Joe soldiers...

More than meets the eye!
And they had so many funny lines!

Optimus steps on a big flowerpot and says: Sorry, my bad. (totally funny because I said the same thing on the phone to UPS last week and Tracey laughed at me!)

Agent Simmons: You see this? This is a "do whatever I want and get away with it" badge.

and I loved the modern technology references!!

Barricade: Are you eBay user LadiesMan217?

Sam: Wait, how do you know about the glasses?
Optimus Prime: eBay!

Jazz: What's crackin' little bitches?
Sam: Where'd he learn to talk like that?
Optimus Prime: We learned Earth's language through the World Wide Web.

I want to see it again and again and again! I definitely want my own copy of the DVD when it comes out.

No comments: