Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Surprises

My Tamagotchi gave me an Easter surprise today!! Out of the corner of my eye I saw a bubbly sort of thing start to move across the screen. I thought it was a ghost or cloud, and I was crossing my fingers that the Tamagotchi wasn't about to die! Watching it longer, I discovered it was an egg being pushed by a rabbit. The rabbit pushed the egg back and forth across the screen a few times before it disappeared.

My stepmum also gave me an Easter surprise: a very large F*CK YOU. In front of me, she gave my brother a gift (a pair of gemstones) to pass along to his ex-girlfriend, which she and my daddy brought back from their recent trip to Aruba. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but let me mention a few facts.
1. my brother and his ex broke up A YEAR AGO, a fact that he did mention when my stepmum asked about his ex when my brother was talking about other girls.
2. they didn't bring back a gift for me, or my brother, from this trip.

My dad was surprised that she was giving them to my brother, as he thought they would be keeping them for Miranda for when she is older.

I shouldn't be so surprised. Her own children don't even talk to her, and now she is alienating me. They took off for their vacation in February without letting me know... and she was usually picking Miranda up from school on Tuesdays to get her to her early ballet class, and I was left scrambling to make arrangements, meaning taking personal time to leave work early. Over the past few months, she hasn't hidden the fact that she dislikes me so I should just get over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's insane she's even more bitter and wretched than I already assumed. Ah well just don't go there anymore.

she didn't even reply to my christian email I sent her a while ago. ;-)

angel.girl said...

I say she's senile. If you want, I could mail you the christian books she bought for Miranda. Wouldn't you just LOVE your very own copy of "365 bible stories for children"?! A story a day from creation to resurrection for a whole year!