Friday, April 20, 2007

Leading up to a point

When I first mentioned to my family that I was dating someone named "Scott" my mother and step-mother pretty much had the same reaction. My mother thought it was bad idea to be dating a man with the same name as an ex, as she envisioned my relationship with the New Scott would be like it was with the Old Scott.

Brown hair, blue eyes, both Capricorns... that doesn't mean they would be exactly the same..

And when do I ever listen to my mother?

Two years into the relationship with the Old Scott, he would say we had only been dating 4 months. Almost five months into the relationship with the New Scott and he's saying we've been together 7 months! Maybe they do have some things in common, being bad at math one of them, but at least the New Scott isn't in some stage of relationship denial.

Old Scott and I were together for at probably 1.5 years and practically living together before I ever met his parents, and in the 3.5 years we were together, I don't think his parents met Miranda even once.

New Scott does seem to be keeping me a little bit of a secret. His friends told me it was really only about 2 months ago when he was actually giving them details about his new girlfriend.

I do have a point to make in all of this, which I will make in my next post!

No comments: