Monday, April 02, 2007

New Chevelle CD

The new album by Chevelle, Vena Sera, comes out tomorrow, and of course I have already heard it. :D I am enjoying it more than I did Think Type of Thinking & Point #1 but not quite as much as I enjoyed Wonder What's Next (I love every song on that album!!). They have changed their style and in my opinion Vena Sera sounds more commercial (safe) than their other stuff, but don't get me wrong, it is still a great album!
  1. Antisaint - LOVE IT
  2. Brainiac - LOVE IT
  3. Saferwaters - MEH, it's ok, but I like their heavier songs better
  4. Well Enough Alone - MEH, I don't know why they didn't release a better song as their first single, especially when I think every song is radio friendly. It's ok when listening to it with the rest of the album (it seems to fit in) but on it's own I don't enjoy it so much. It's that Pete sounds to whiny when he sings the "Why we leave / Well enough alone / Never thought about the shame" bits. Take that part out and I would really like the song!
  5. Straight Jacket Fashion - LOVE IT
  6. The Fad - LOVE IT (it is rumoured that this will be the second single released)
  7. Humanoid - LOVE IT
  8. Paint The Seconds - LOVE IT
  9. Midnight To Midnight - LOVE IT
  10. I Get It - LOVE IT
  11. Saturdays - LIKE IT

No comments: